I’m so thankful and excited Hannah Gaudette nominated me for this award! I only found her blog a week or two ago but she’s super involved in the community and her posts are great! Make sure to check out Hannah’s blog!
Here are the rules for the tag:
- Link to Global Aussie’s Award blog post. Comment with a link to your Award post. And put the official Liebster Award stamp on your blog. (Forgot the pic, added it now!)
- Acknowledge and link to the blogger who nominated you. (Thank you, Hannah!)
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked.
- Nominate 11 more bloggers and spread the ‘new blogger’ love.
- Ask them 11 fun questions of your own.
- Let them know on their blogs that you have nominated them.
- Write a paragraph about what makes you passionate about blogging
- List ten random facts about yourself
And now, here are my answers to Hannah’s questions!
Why did you start blogging?
At first, it was to help get the word out about my book after signing a contract with a new, small publisher. Since my book lost its home when the publisher went out of business, I blog to keep myself going. I’m motivated to write when I read other bloggers posts about their process and am inspired to share my own struggles and successes. And now that I’m releasing my original work here, it’s a great creative outlet while I look for a new home for my book (which might be soon as my full is currently being reviewed by another publisher!)
What is your favorite blogging memory?
It’s not quite a memory yet, but everything I’m having so much fun blogging about the fantasy series I’m going to be posting. It’s taking longer to get the first episode out there than I thought it would but I think it will be for the best. Plus, I’m using this time to prepare future episodes and get ahead of it.
What is your favorite writing memory?
I’d love to say it was the moment I got my first contract with a publisher. Since that didn’t work out, it’s more bittersweet. So I’ll go with every time a publisher or agent has requested to read more of my manuscript. It’s happened FIVE times and every time I have the same giddy feeling.
If you could have any breed of cat or dog (or snake, or hamster, or horse, or whatever), what would it be?
The sensible answer would be Russian Blue kitty but the honest answer would be Battle Cat.
What is your favorite memory of a pet or pets?
I can’t name just one! And favorite is impossible, so I’ll name the funniest. After our cat got back from the vet after being fixed and still coming down off the anesthesia, he reared on his hind legs, yowled and let loose the biggest, longest poop I think any cat has ever produced. Never laughed so hard and will never forget that moment.
What is the one book everyone in the world should read?
The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson just so they can read The Heart of Betrayal. I think THOB is one of the most well-crafted books. Honestly, the entire trilogy is amazing. Just read the whole thing. You won’t be disappointed.
Do you like rain?
YAS! Give me petrichor all day every day!
Cauliflower or broccoli?
This isn’t fair!!!! I love them both so much! My mother in law makes this spring salad with these, green onions, bacon bits, cheddar cheese and a creamy dressing that is to DIE for. But I suppose if I have to choose when cooked, I like broccoli better.
What is the longest book you’ve read?
A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas.
What is the longest book or story you’ve written?
The book that was almost published (and will be if the publisher who’s reading it now likes it,) FROM STARS, COME DRAGONS. It’s just over 79,000 words or 316 pages in Microsoft Word.
What do you consider your biggest passion or cause in life?
Our son. It’s a long story I should tell someday but the short version is he had a rough time getting through school. After severe bullying was ignored by the school administration and we realized they weren’t taking his academic struggles seriously, only pushing him through regardless of whether or not he was actually learning anything, we pulled him out of public school. He’s our number one priority and passion.
YAY! I did it! I would answer the optional questions but I’m strapped for time.
Kent @ Dirty Sci-Fi Budda
Krystin Rachel @ Here’s the Fucking Twist
Phannie @ Phanniethegingerbookworm
Adrianna @ For the love of books
D.W. Byer @ D.W. Byer
Leisha @ Literary Leisha
Clara @ The Book Goddess
Donna @ BookDragonGirl
Jean Lee @ Jean Lee’s World
Bree @ Perpetual Fangirl
Carin @ Hersenskim
OK tagged bloggers! Here are your questions!
- What has been the hardest struggle to overcome to keep on blogging?
- What’s your favorite music to listen to while writing or reading or whatever other activity you do?
- Do you plan your blogs in advance and schedule their release or just blog by the seat of your pants? Or a combo?
- Having a familiar gives you magical powers, but the only one available is a spider. This is your only chance! Do you accept your familiar and the magic it gives you or light a match and run away? (No, you can’t transform it into another animal. It must remain a spider. Nice try though!)
- What food could you eat all day, every day and never get sick?
- What TV show could you binge watch over and over?
- What’s the one blog post you are most proud of?
- Have you ever played a song on repeat so many times you got sick of it? If so, what song?
- If your home was on fire and you could only save one book, which would it be?
- What’s your favorite water sport? To play and/or watch.
- What book do you wish you never read?
Hope you have as much fun with this one as I did!