If you’re tracking my progress in the “What’s the buzz?” widget on the sidebar, you’ll know I started my series bible for THE LEGENDARIES. Here’s a quick pic of it! I’ve filled out several pages of almost every section, but it’s definitely a work in progress.
I know it’s hard to read, so here’s a list of the tabbed sections:
- Characters (of which I only have 3, so far.) – Behind the first page, which I’ll add to as more characters enter the series, is a page for each of those characters with a load of information. I used the character sketch from Scrivener to build my list and added a section for favorites and pet peeves.
- Setting – Here I describe each of the places my characters go using the Scrivener setting sketch. I also draw little maps of exteriors and interiors making sure to include unique features.
- Religion/Culture/Tradition – I’m currently working on this one. Right now, all I have are my three magical factions with different cultures and traditions centered around magic, but I don’t have them fleshed out.
- Magic – Working on this one too. I know what the magic system is and who can do what, but I haven’t written it all out yet. Not sure how to organize it. If anyone has any tips, please share!
- Creatures – I’m going to be pulling from mythology of all kinds, but mostly Greek. Many of them will have my own twists. One of those you will find out in the first episode!
- History – This story is set in our world, but the fantasy world has its own history. I have a very high-level understanding of this history. I still need to drill down and get to know it better.
- Plotting – Again, I have a high-level view of the plot of the first season of this story. I have a list of the promises I’ve made so far, but I’m not sure yet how I’m going to fulfill those promises. I have ideas, but I’m still working on the bigger picture.
There you have it! That’s what I’ve been up to, as well as writing and now editing the first episode (I call them episodes, not chapters because I think they’re going to read more like episodes of a television series than chapters. I’m weird. I know. 😛 LOL)